Now hiring Office Manager:
Avery Humane Society
Office Manager Position Description
Position Title: Office Manager
Position Status: Full-time-permanent position with benefits package
Reports To: Chair, Board of Directors
Please send resumes/applications to email@example.com.
Organizational Mission: To respond humanely to the needs of animals in Avery County, North Carolina.
Objective: Avery Humane Society is seeking a qualified applicant to oversee the administrative responsibilities of a 501c3 non-profit organization in Avery County, North Carolina.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, training and education. Compensation includes a competitive base salary, health benefits, dental, vision and the ability to work for a mission-driven organization who cares about their employees and strives to serve the animals of Avery County by helping them find forever homes.
The Office Manager oversees all aspects of the day-to-day administrative duties of the Avery Humane Society. A qualified candidate must possess strong communication skills, effective and efficient work ethic and an ability to work alone and as part of a team. Must possess strong office administrative skills, communication skills, knowledge of human resource management and an ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Office Manager must share our organizational desire to help animals through ensuring our administrative office is running efficiently and properly in all aspects of operations. The Office Manager works closely with staff to administer accounts payable, payroll, working closely with our CPA firm on accounting and reporting, process donations and billing, and all other aspects of the administrative office. Specific qualifications, skills, duties and responsibilities of the Office Manager:
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Two to three years’ experience in an office setting, managerial experience preferred.
- Proficient with a variety of office software (Microsoft office, Quickbooks, Donor Software, etc.)
- Supports organizational operations by maintaining office systems and supporting staff.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, preparing payroll, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems (electronic and paper), and assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Process payments as the bills by matching up orders and packing slips with the invoices.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Ensure insurance, employee benefits, contract relationships are monitored and up to date.
- Prepare bank deposits, coding invoices and communicating actions with CPA accounting firm.
- Processing mail, incoming and outgoing.
- Assist Fundraising efforts by managing the donor software, creating reports and assisting with mail merges and mailings and donor correspondence.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Assist the board of directors in designing and implementing office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
- Keeps the board informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Supports staff by assisting in recruiting, onboarding, orienting, and training employees.
- Works closely with the staff to monitor staff job performance by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by assisting the board of directors in preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or 3 years of equivalent on-job experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Tracking budget expenses
- Ability to assign work and delegate responsibilities when needed
- Support and manage staffing needs
- Manages administrative processes for improving office administration
- Developing standards and measuring success of programs and projects
- Inventory control
- Reporting skills
- Accounting and/or finance background
- Human Resource Management Experience
- Experience in non-profit governance
- Experience with accounting software (Quickbooks) and donor database management
At times we hire part time animal caregivers with a passion for animal care. Some of the responsibilities would include daily feeding and care of animals, and assisting guests with adoptions, and working along side volunteers. Must have enthusiastic attitude, a willingness to work hard, and be a team player. Hours will vary and must have own transportation. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. Will have a background check and drug test before hire and applicants should be 18 years of age or older. If you are interested, come on by and fill out an application.